620 of a lifetime

Here's ya a story. I work at a chemical plant and our shop truck was a 78 620. Well the clutch went out in it so they picked it up with a forklift and hauled it into the woods. 1 year later I finally had the nerver to ask the plant manager what they were going to do with it. He told me to load it up and take it home.....HA HA HA HA....So I got it for FREE!!! Longbed, L20B W/5speed.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Scuba! Welcome aboard. We need pics of the truck. The url thats in your post did not work. It came up with a msg that it was under construction or something of that nature. Congrats on the great find! If the truck is in decent condition and the engine runs good, then you should definately put a new clutch in it and get it back on the road. I love my 78 620. It is a kc deluxe and has the L20b w/5 speed. I'm not very far from you and might could help with your truck sometime. Give me a shout on a pm. I live in Springhill, La. and work at Albemarle in Magnolia, Ar. I had a new clutch put in my 1980 720 last year. A mechanic in Magnolia did the work for me and I believe he charged about $200. I already had a new clutch assy. I could probably have done it but I would rather pay him $200 than to pull the tranny and do all that work when I don't have all the right tools and such (tranny jack, etc.). I'm surprised to find out that there are other Datsun freaks in this part of the world. I thought I was the only one around these parts! Keep us posted on the progress and post some pics as you go!

Well I've had the truck a couple of months now and have done countless hours of work to it. I blew the stock motor up in it about a week ago so I decided to install a 13b in it. I have plenty of pics! Do you know a Wayne Husbands? And as far as the website....it works and yes it is under construction I can't decided what type of background to use....lol

Well I've had the truck a couple of months now and have done countless hours of work to it. I blew the stock motor up in it about a week ago so I decided to install a 13b in it. I have plenty of pics! Do you know a Wayne Husbands? And as far as the website....it works and yes it is under construction I can't decided what type of background to use....lol

No pic's no truck.