Project SE-R

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as soon as i get some cash im gonna get me a better header eBay Motors: 95 96 97 98 99 NISSAN SENTRA 200SX SER STAINLESS HEADER (item 110365499967 end time Apr-16-09 16:44:27 PDT) the 2.5 one for sure.. prolly gonna give this hot shot one to my buddy, it'll go right on his se-r no problems plus it'll match the hot shot cai he got from me lol also thinkin about gettin this 91-94 Sentra Mandrel Bent Exhaust also, seems to be a really good deal.. altho i know about the bee's i dont think i wanna pay for a resonator for the time bein.. if i get to annoyed i'll just order a nice magnaflow resinator off ebay, which is where im going to get my muffler also.. prolly this one or one like it.. eBay Motors: MagnaFlow Muffler 4" x 9" Oval 18" Body 2.5 C/C 11246 (item 220367877330 end time Mar-26-09 11:04:35 PDT) im not tryin to get crazy with it really, i just want decent i/h/e so next year i can get cams / intake mani or whatever.. if i can reach 190whp i'll be content.. im not tryin to brake any land speed records or nothin like that, i just like havin a daily driver who doesnt take sh!t hehe

ok so my oil pan will be here friday or saturday, if not then monday.. part of my cai will be in monday (cause the stillen one im gettin is only a maf down cai) so i ordered a cheapy ebay one to go from the maf to the TB.. the calum ecu should be in on tuesday an i should have the rest of my cai in next week also..

oil pan came in today, installed it.. waiting to put oil in her tomorrow so the GREY!!!! rtv is nice an dry, then i will drive over to my friends house where my other friend left his camera which is the one i usualy use to take pics an maybe i can make a short little video or something of the drive back..

my calum ecu should be here tuesday :)

heres a little drivin video i made on the way back from my friends house..

i sound all southern an shit but i swear im not.. an u gotta forgive our makin fun of a youtube video we saw.. if u seen it to you'll know what i mean... lol anyway.. crappy weather.. no calum ecu yet, no vvl and also has a exhaust leak.. its either the header gasket or the down pipe gasket.. or (and i hope not) the flex tube.. we'll see in a few days..

anyway here ya go

th_drive2.jpg

so i got my calum ecu today, bright an early! i got her installed and WOW what a difference in the way it runs / sounds.. the only problem is i got a major exhaust leak somewhere an its pissin me off makes it all puttery an 1000-2000 rpms plus is has that flat out exhaust leak sound.. whenever greg v gets metal sr20ve exhaust gaskets.. im gettin one.. also gonna get the summit copper down pipe gasket and egr block off bung things too.. hopefully that fixes the exhaust leak, if not its the flex tube.. i really hope its not the flex tube.. im gonna be gettin some over kill engineering 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust soon also, but thats not where the leaks commin from its up front.. but never the less i need to replace the rest of the exhaust casue as it sits i only have the hot shot header and high flow catt with about 2 feet or so of 2" the rest is completely stock..

as far as intake goes i put one of those cheap ebay short ram intakes on for now, the stillen cai should be here late this week or early next week but its only a maf to filter cai which is why i got the ebay short ram, so then it will be a full cai.. maybe not the best but better then nothing..

also my summit rpm activated window switch was broken, summits promptly replacing it "thank u summit!!" but until then im gonna try to hook this tach up that has a shift light as my solenoid activator.. therres 2 screws behind the rubbed tab on the back of the tach i can simply unscrew the wires for the shift light an hook up the solenoids.. i will let you guys know how that goes..

sorry no photos, the ecu looked bone ass stock so no real reason to take a pic unless i take the cover off lol and the ebay wai isnt much to show for really haha i mean its nicely made but u see one u seen them all

just took it for a drive, no vvl yet.. but man this things gunna be quick.. i just need to tinker a bit to get the idle to drop a bit, i messed with the idle nob on the iacv but didnt get much of a response, same with retarding the dizzy a little.. theres some kind of short on the plug/wire for the thing by the iacv (brown plug) anyway it shorts some how an makes the car idle at 1500-2000rpms. i unplugged it an it idles bout 900-1000.. i need to get all that sorted out lol but as far as drivin, i can tell this car wants to go fast, its peppy as hell.. oh i also fixed the throttle cable bracket, just ground down a hump and notched it a little further in.. lines up way better now and is secure :)

so pretty much im down to exhaust leaks in the header area, need a few extra bolts here an there nothin major and the vvl stuff..

man i wish i could just go open her up, but too afraid to get a ticket haha that an i wanna break her in nicely an make sure shes sound before i go havin to much fun haha :P

got my summit switch workin, turns out im a dumbass and didnt realize to take the cover off the thing, i thought it just lit up.. so summit sent me a replacement for no reason, i will send them the one they just sent back since the one i have isnt broken after all.. i had trouble settin it up at first but then i read the directions over a few times an figured it out, for anyone whos going to use the summit 830452 if your gettin your rpm signal from the blue / black wire commin from the ecu.. an its not seeming to work with the yellow wire.. try the white one.. and number of pulses set that to 2.. using a test light from the + post on the battery then clamping the purple wire makes it really easy to know if its workin or not, if anyone needs help using one of these switches lemme know..

i will take pics once i clean the wiring up and i will also make a little video

ok sorry for the shitty sound quality the window was down and i didnt realize it was messin the sound up i still need exhaust an to take care of a few leaks here an there, so heres a video of me an a few friends takin her out to crap the vvl open for her first time in my car.. an yes my cars still dirty lol

lovin the vvl, pulls hard, i realized i was down shifting to far for everyone to here the vvl activate but when it hits it hits.. exhaust is comming REAL soon i sold what was left of my 17's an so i only need a little more cash, i've already got my header to down pipe copper gasket from summit, an gspec is takin care of the sr20ve exhaust mani gasket an some bungs an such.. so i should be rippin ass real soon, oh ya forgot to mention my car has tons of stuff in it, tool box, tire, 2 jacks 4 stands and countless misc stuff.. not to mention me an my 2 buddys.. also my ebrake sensor is wack so the brake light is always on, an for some reason the temp sensor on the dash has been actin funny.. workin on an off..

anyway here you go

th_vvldrive.jpg

Edited by lynchfourtwenty
  • 2 weeks later...