Ratsuns At Drop Zone

BEEBANI

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the cantilever set up on the fron of the beige 620 was pretty sick. guy seemed pretty cool too. (except he had the chrome grille i really want) the chopped small block 521 was on craigslist its for sale does pretty good burnouts.. the black one was put together in 3 days.. and the big rimmed 520 finally has a bed but it still has some body work it is flared out bead sides and he did a pretty good job keeping the bodylines...

I am sorry, in my opinion he ruined that 521 by putting those flares on it. This is what happens on the search for the biggest wheel. I have seen 20s on datsuns that they dont need to do that..but not my truck...So was the show as big as they had expected????

The blue chopped 521 is still for sale, guy lives close to me, over in Bremerton..I think he's asking $22,000 for it. I'm sure he's got probably 3x that in receipts...If he can pull 10-15 for it, he's lucky.

I've been watching the grey 521 for a couple years now....I was curious to see how they were going to stuff those 22's in there...now we know :)

Jason thanks for the pics. Id love to see more pics of the cantilever setup on the 620. With that setup you could run any size bag you wanted to.

Yes, but only if you're going to continue to run an L series engine. You'll need that room for a radiator if you plan on running a ka. I have mixed emotions about it; too many moving parts, puts the leverage in the wrong spot, wondering how it rides?

I probably rode like any other bagged mini...the canti linkage rod was in essentially the same place as the bottom bag mount would have been, and the bag was in a 1:1 ratio, so he really gained nothing. The welds were iffy at best, and design was definately not something I would have done. I'll give him a B+ for effort, and probably a D for execution..

Those flares might work a bit better if he added a top to bottom wedge to the back of the B pillar and joined the cab and bed together to give it a look similar to a ute. It would look more car like and then maybe the flares wouldn't seem so out of place.

• 3 weeks later...
I am sorry, in my opinion he ruined that 521 by putting those flares on it. This is what happens on the search for the biggest wheel. I have seen 20s on datsuns that they dont need to do that..but not my truck...So was the show as big as they had expected????

yea, i agree. for all the time and effort he spent on making the bed a wide-body, he coulda just had the axle shortened or just figure out the right back spacing? but IT IS ORIGINAL?:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks for the pics Jason :) did you notify them about Ratsun?

i know its an old post but i was just cruisin around and found this thread. the black 620 is a good friend of mine and i went with him up to dropzone after pulling an allnighter to get it ready. hes gettin internet soon and it sounds like hes gonna join ratsun. i may have talked him into makin the trip to canby too.

wow. pics of andys truck on here. andys is the one with the goofy ghetto frontend cantilever setup. hes a local from here in idaho. not a real nice guy to talk to. think hes gods gift to this earth. lol

oh, and the truck just sits in his driveway now...