Roadster is running

vindats1

Had a couple of guys from my Datsun club come over and we got my little Roadster up and running again. Looks like it needs a new thermostat and hopefully that is all. The temp guage wasn't doing anything and we found out that someone who I won't name (yes, ex husband) broke off the wiring to the temp sending unit when he was fooling with my car and didn't fix it or tell me.

So, I will pick up a thermostat today and we shall see if that is all that it needed. Engine has a nice deep rumble and runs nice. We did a compression check too and it came out really good. Happy me!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a couple of guys from my Datsun club come over and we got my little Roadster up and running again. Looks like it needs a new thermostat and hopefully that is all. The temp guage wasn't doing anything and we found out that someone who I won't name (yes, ex husband) broke off the wiring to the temp sending unit when he was fooling with my car and didn't fix it or tell me.

So, I will pick up a thermostat today and we shall see if that is all that it needed. Engine has a nice deep rumble and runs nice. We did a compression check too and it came out really good. Happy me!

If you are unlucky enough to need a thermostat housing there are 2 alternatives to the stock Datsun part if you have a 2 liter radiator. A MOPAR aluminum V6 will work although it has a slightly different exit angle for the upper radiator hose, mounting bolt holes are the right size and spacing. The second is a KIA Sephia housing. Virtually identical to the Datsun part except for a slightly smaller dome and metric bolt holes but on the right location and spacing. Open up the holes with a drill bit and you would have to look closely to see that it wasn't factory original.

With the original 1600 roadster radiator there is a MOPAR V8 housing that points straight up and can be mated to an aftermarket generic hose after being butchered with a sharp knife.

Is this a 1600 or 2000? With the 2000 you need to use the correct gaskets on the thermostat housing that have the copper in them or you will never get a ground to make the sender work. Don't forget to drive your car and take a picture tomorrow for 311's day.