The Jeep Lives!

Yes, yes i said it. the Jeep LIVES! steering column is tight, i haven't changed the alt as of yet but i have it for when it does indeed die totally. i will post up a few peeksures tomorrow. tonight i got my lighting issue sorted. the turn signals up front were not grounding. so i was getting a feedback through the dash lights. not fun... so a new set of sockets cured that. and i installed a cheap ass stereo, Road Gear (its what i had free so shuddup!), and reinstalled all the dash pieces that i had pulled to take the Kenwood out for the passat. so here are some specs for those that would like to know.

1987 AMC (not Chrysler yet) Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr

4.0l Inline 6 FI

AW4 automatic

NP231 Part time tcase (thank god its not the NP241 case. those are known to break with no wheeling.)

Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear with 3.55 gears but a pegleg in the rear :(

tow package

power windows, locks, cruise, tilt, AC (soon to be a compressor :thumbup: )

factory fog lights, cheap ass CB, Limited mesh wheels, BFG AT TA KO in 235/75/15, and flowmaster muffler on 2.5 in exhaust. yeah it sounds cool.

all this on a slate gray cherokee with TAN interior. thats the ONLY thing i dont like about it. tan interior with a grease monley like me... not a good combo. hopefully in the next few weeks i can get the cherokee licensed and insured. then its wheeling fun for us. 2 rigs to go play in the mud, rocks, whatever. she'llt ake teh jeep and i'll have the pathloser. :lol:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as promised i have some pics of the jeep from yesterday. now granted its mostly stock. no lift or anything like that YET, but it is a great runner. oh anyone know where i can find a good NON LEAKING power steering pump?

th_SDC10405.jpg

th_SDC10406.jpg

th_SDC10407.jpg

th_SDC10408.jpg

th_SDC10409.jpg

th_SDC10410.jpg

th_SDC10411.jpg

th_SDC10412.jpg

th_SDC10413.jpg

th_SDC10414.jpg

th_SDC10415.jpg

th_SDC10416.jpg

th_SDC10417.jpg

th_SDC10418.jpg

th_SDC10419.jpg

th_SDC10424.jpg

th_SDC10425.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

on tuesday i had the fun experience of doing a water pump and fan clutch on this thing. not to much fun but it now doesn't knock. oh and i got a headliner in it now with an overhead console. but its gray. i really dont care though. it actually looks good. i still have a few other things to fix on it but so far its a reliable daily again.

also if anyone has a GM Saginaw column that is doing the "dead fish" i have the tools to fix it. so yeah. let me know if your local and i'll do it for a small charge.

Edited by moparvwfreak
  • 2 weeks later...

nah... it was cheap. but it was way to loud without it and it got real drippy inside. now i dont get rained on when i hit a bump :D

but as of today the jeep died again. keeps shutting off like i hit the key. i think the ignition module or hall sender died. if its teh actual ignition module, shes getting an MSD setup as its cheaper than the OE module. if its the hall effect, then its like $50 to replace the dizzy. what fun... more work for me.

• 1 month later...

oh yeah. sorry, i spaced on sayin something. it ended up being the coolant temp sensor. it was fried and it would tell teh computer the motor was cold and flooding the motor. hence the shutoff. replaced it, gave ti a tune up, and a CPS. no more issues.