New to the forum, new to this car:
Recently purchased it from a guy that decided he'd rather spend money building his business instead of building this car. I wanted a project car that could be a daily driver, so for $1790, this was a seemingly good deal. It was sold as a 78, but may actually be a 77 (unless the stamped manufacture dates are earlier than the car model year with a Datsun?)
Some info about it:
- 84K miles
- Factory (non-functional) AC.
- 5 speed dogleg (not sure if factory or not, suspect it may not be)
- Aftermarket weber carb and EGR bypass
- Interior isn't in bad condition, needs front seats.
- Some rust, seems to be in standard places: rear quarter panel, floor pan, most concerning is on frame near gas tank
- Needs to have new window, door seals
- Various suspension parts, bushing, etc. need replacing
- Wheels from some model of Z
- "New" carpet
- Gas gauge is wonky, but so is the gas tank - currently just use the trip meter and refill around 250.
- Guy included original wheels, a new aftermarket (one of those import pieces) hood and driver's side front fender
- Differential leak?
Anyhow, nice to meet everyone. Here's the drop box link for all the pictures I took from a thorough inspection into "what needs to be repaired/replaced". If anyone has any thoughts or concerns, it would be awesome to hear them. DropBox: (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1oginev8cyizw0j/AABGzaJU6cDZ77dOT_4wanCfa?dl=0)
So far, I've put 1000+ on the car just from driving around town. Good times. 😍😎
Also, it came with this in the trunk - so that was cool. Inside pictures on request.