1981 Datsun 210 Manual PDFs

Hello, I acquired an owner's manual and service manual for my '81 210 and thought I'd scan and share. I searched to see if anyone else had posted these but didn't find anyone so I hope this post isn't redundant. Just got my hands on an install manual for air conditioning. I've added it below.

Owner's Manual
aAYrySr.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q22pbnBB7mIbNzaDC8jIeDraKwRMoQj5/view?usp=sharing

Service Manual
siGTAMI.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_orrD3P2y_Wk-R9SRtVEZWQNN896WRvK/view?usp=sharing

How to Install A Datsun 210 Air Conditioner

lhC4H10.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BYqxH-kUiGWjZkaGpUaVc0bEE/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-47gSzdquCqk7Sib_k0TCwg

Datsun Catalog
yukWrMt.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oQmBjEPaPAqxTH-W6Nz8XkTcnuXONqu5/view?usp=sharing

Datsun 210 Brochure (also has paint chips and codes)

M3aY7vj.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zYY2yAAWL6zvq77dY879WKrxetiNf2oX/view?usp=sharing

Edited by colourbox
Updated links
  • Like 8
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I acquired an owner's manual and service manual for my '81 210 and thought I'd scan and share. I searched to see if anyone else had posted these but didn't find anyone so I hope this post isn't redundant.

Nice! These are very clean scans. How did you scan them, did you have to cut the binding?

No, I didn't want to destroy the books to scan. Just scanned a page at a time but then because I work in the print industry and I'm anal I made a selection of the text in Photoshop using color range in the select menu, inverted and then just filled the background white. That didn't take as long as it sounds. The scanning took me week (a couple hours a day and maybe missing a day or two). Filling the background of the pages took a few hours. Did that in a day.

• Like 1

No, I didn't want to destroy the books to scan. Just scanned a page at a time but then because I work in the print industry and I'm anal I made a selection of the text in Photoshop using color range in the select menu, inverted and then just filled the background white. That didn't take as long as it sounds. The scanning took me week (a couple hours a day and maybe missing a day or two). Filling the background of the pages took a few hours. Did that in a day.

Hmm... I might need to try some thing like that. The scans I've been getting have what looks like some minor optical distortion near the edges of some pages. I thought this was due to the need to fold the book back, especially on the thicker books, and ending up with a slightly curved surface. I'm sure the crappy all-in-one scanner/printer is not helping that at all. I had figured the service manuals would be the worse due to their thickness, but this makes me think it can be done more cleanly. Thanks.

Yeah the all-in-ones might not be THE best but I think they do a pretty decent job. I got my mom one a while ago and tested it and I thought it looked pretty decent. HP makes good products tho. I prefer their scanners and printers. Because of the thickness of the book (my service manual is 1" thick) you shouldn't need to close the cover on the scanner which gives you the opportunity to hold it down better toward the spine area while it scans so you get a less warped image. Some of my pages are a teeny bit rounded near the spine but not too badly.

I just updated the service manual. I meant to put in bookmarks on the PDF so you could click a specific section to go to directly. I updated the link above. If you've never used bookmarks when you have your doc open you'll see three icons on the left side of the PDF page. Click on the center one and the bookmarks will show. I like having bookmarks especially when a document doesn't have set page numbers like the service manual. See below images for reference.

saRondb.jpg
The center icon is generally the link for the bookmarks regardless of which version of Acrobat you have. Icons will look different but should still be the center one.

bciiiE0.jpg
Click one of the bookmarks to go directly to that specific section.

• 2 months later...

Just added a 210 brochure that has paint chips and codes on the back page. For some reason google docs has changed so when you click the link you have to go to File then Download. It used to just take you to a page you could just download the PDF. Weird.

• 4 years later...